Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Sunday, 1 November 2015

Arts & Humanities: Philosophy: “Question: Stop being a good person?” plus 5 more

Arts & Humanities: Philosophy: “Question: Stop being a good person?” plus 5 more


Question: Stop being a good person?

Posted: 01 Nov 2015 08:12 AM PST

I am not religious, nor an atheist. I just figure answer to such questions are beyond my pay grade.

However, I do not like to see people suffer, even though that seems to be the bulk of life for all species. What I do believe is that being respectful of all life, kind and accepting will one day free us from our animal nature and open a door to a bright future we will otherwise forfeit

My problem is I have lived this philosophy and all I am is a mark for others to exploit and injure.

A man who others seemed to respect and love once told me my problem is I am too nice. That only assholes survive in this world.

I often think about this advice and being an asshole, but think I should not let the world change me. But what is the point if it helps no one and only hurts me?

Question: What is the meaning of life?

Posted: 01 Nov 2015 05:59 AM PST

The meaning of life, or the answer to the question "What is the meaning of life?", is a philosophical and spiritual conception of the significance of living or existence in general. The question seeking the meaning of life can also be expressed in different forms, such as "What should I do?", "Why are we here?", "What is life all about?", and "What is the purpose of existence?" or even "Does life exist at all?" There have been a large number of proposed answers to these questions from many different cultural and ideological backgrounds. The search for life's meaning has produced much philosophical, scientific, and theological speculation throughout history.

The meaning of life as we perceive it is derived from our philosophical and religious contemplation of, and scientific inquiries about existence, social ties, consciousness, and happiness. Many other issues are also involved, such as symbolic meaning, ontology, value, purpose, ethics, good and evil, free will, the existence of one or multiple gods, conceptions of God, the soul, and the afterlife. Scientific contributions focus primarily on describing related empirical facts about the universe, exploring the context and parameters concerning the 'how' of life. Science also studies and can provide recommendations for the pursuit of well-being and a related conception of morality. An alternative, humanistic approach poses the question "What is the meaning of my life?"

Question: If there are always base humans deliberately bump into you, does it mean the Universe treats and considers you the same as them?

Posted: 01 Nov 2015 02:55 AM PST

Report Abuse

Additional Details