Arts & Humanities: Philosophy: “Question: Examples of a typical logical argument from rationalism and from empiricism? I'm trying to compare the differences through examples of logic?” plus 5 more |
- Question: Examples of a typical logical argument from rationalism and from empiricism? I'm trying to compare the differences through examples of logic?
- Question: If you were born in a terrible area, no parents who cared, nobody to look up to, do you believe you would be the same person today?
- Question: Is the saying true that you can get used to just about anything?
- Question: Is the huge fascination with zombies in any way connected with how people view the real world today?
- Question: Can giving a well-paid, stable job lead to happiness?
- Question: Does the idea of 'credibility' ever feature in philosophy? Or perhaps philosophy is too mathematical to include such a subjective measure?
| Posted: 03 Nov 2015 02:43 AM PST Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel |
| Posted: 02 Nov 2015 11:46 PM PST Well, I was raised in a small town only known for the amount of teenage pregnancies, underage alcoholics and drug dealers. My parents were abusive and until the 10th grade (15) I had nobody to look up to. Now, at 17, I am living on my own, (kind of), I have a job, I pay taxes, I am finishing school and I do have a decent sense of right and wrong, even though due to my upbringing I may have some slight anger/temper problems. I was raised that you never stand up for yourself and you never even dare to want anything and if you make a single mistake, you will get your *** kicked for it, and I think I'm turning out alright
|
| Question: Is the saying true that you can get used to just about anything? Posted: 02 Nov 2015 11:00 PM PST What is meant by that saying? Would you ever get used to solitary confinement at Folsom State Prison as an example? If you cant then that saying isnt true is it? |
| Posted: 02 Nov 2015 09:58 PM PST I think people are drawn to the post-apocalyptic world more than the zombies themselves. It's a mix of a future apocalypse/disaster with horror and survival, so it appeals to a wide variety of people. |
| Question: Can giving a well-paid, stable job lead to happiness? Posted: 02 Nov 2015 07:41 PM PST Can giving a well-paid, stable job lead to happiness? ~~~ If one considers life in a 'linear' way, if you ever 'find' Happiness, your entirety of life 'led' there! That being said, 'Happiness', real Happiness, is an unconditional Virtue of unconditional Love! True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith... |
| Posted: 02 Nov 2015 04:16 PM PST Does the idea of 'credibility' ever feature in philosophy? ~~~ Just so we are on the same page; able to be believed; convincing. Noting, particularly, the very first definition (from the Google search); "able to be believed; convincing." I do not think that 'belief' is a feature of philosophical thought! Philosophers tentatively accept a theory that has not yet been refuted, for which there is evidence, either physical or logical or experiential... in support. "The great snare of thought is the uncritical acceptance of irrational assumptions!" - Will Durant He speaks of 'beliefs'. Or perhaps philosophy is too mathematical to include such a subjective measure? ~~~ It is all 'subjective', and philosophy need have nothing to do with math. Necessarily! |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Arts & Humanities: Philosophy. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |