Arts & Humanities: Theater & Acting: “Question: Backstage vs. LA Casting?” plus 5 more |
- Question: Backstage vs. LA Casting?
- Question: How do I fake stutter?
- Question: Upright Citizen's Brigade?
- Question: How do I deal with a jerk director?
- Question: How to become a professional theatre actor?
- Question: TEN POINTS GOES TO BEST ANSWER. AUDITIONS!!!!?
| Question: Backstage vs. LA Casting? Posted: 31 Mar 2015 08:54 PM PDT Auditions for professional work are not found on websites at all - you'd need an agent for that. But to get an agent you'd need to have studied acting for many years at a good acting school and had loads of stage and film experience. No-one is ever interested in a beginner. You say you'll work your way to the top - but you should understand that millions of people start out in acting every year - only a handful of those will ever get to the top - the rest stay doing small roles in small productions all their lives - it's a very competitive business! Yes - of course you can dream, but if you expect this to become a reality you need to accept that it's not nearly as easy as you seem to think. The typical actor - even with huge talent, years of training and experience, and great effort, never gets more than a couple of weeks' paid acting work a year. |
| Question: How do I fake stutter? Posted: 31 Mar 2015 07:17 PM PDT Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel |
| Question: Upright Citizen's Brigade? Posted: 31 Mar 2015 06:41 PM PDT |
| Question: How do I deal with a jerk director? Posted: 31 Mar 2015 06:25 PM PDT I joined a production in my college and scored the lead. As a crew, we hard to make the show great. We even stay after the scheduled times as a sacrifice. Everything has been great... Except for the director. She's an absolute pain in the ***. I know directors must be in control and be direct with their orders to make everything perfect. But she will make people cry for making just one tiny mistake. I've directed before, and you certainly don't have to eviscerate people to fix a problem! She bitches about everything, and will aggress if anyone tries to argue. More than 25% of the crew has dropped out because of how difficult she is. It's riduculous, and at the rate people are quitting, we might not have a show! My lead role will go to waste! Just 3 days ago, she had a run in with me. My script says I wait for a whimsical violin music and then enter. Since there was no music yet, someone was supposed to call it out or hum a melody, and I dash on stage. However, that person didn't do it, and she halted the whole production. She called me out on stage, along with 2 others, and started screaming for not appearing. She then proceeded to talk to me like I was an idiot. I told her the cue wasn't there, and she got mad and told me we have no music, so no cue. She kept yelling, so I just calmly went back stage and repeated my part. How the heck do I deal with her? She's impossible to talk to (I've tried, and she's a hypocrite). I'm about to lash out at her and quit the show. |
| Question: How to become a professional theatre actor? Posted: 31 Mar 2015 06:10 PM PDT It s much harder to answer this question not knowing what country/state you live in or what age you are; but I ll give it a go anyways. Continue acting; Even if it s just a small theatre or school-associated productions more practice is helpful and it s good to know people in the field. Continue dancing; I recommend doing a theatre summer camp with dance lessons if there s one nearby because they often have musical-related choreography; if not I think Jazz or Tap are extremely theatre related. Voice Lessons? I m not sure if you ve been doing voice or singing forever, but I GUARANTEE you you will improve DRASTICALLY. I always thought I was an amazing singer but after starting voice I can see incredible amounts of improvement. Just about every famous singer/Broadway star participates in vocal coaching. Like I said I don t know where you are in your age/career, but I recommend starting with those lessons and start with a school production. Later on move onto community theatre (such as the ones you pay/ often doing summer shows), then start auditioning for more professional things (WARNING: You WILL get rejected often. I don t mean to be rude but it happens to EVERYBODY when they re first starting out. This is often the rough phase people give up on, but don t, it will turn out well. I promise.) If you re very serious maybe get your Bachelor Fine Arts at a nearby college and then move into the big city with plenty of audition opportunities. Get yourself out there: Make a professional resume, get head shots taken, maybe sign up for a website that notifies you about upcoming auditions. Don t be afraid to ask others for help!! Having this as your dream, it seems silly and often gets shut down. That s why I never really wanted to tell anybody. Talk to your drama teacher, director, or even me! People in theatre are so incredibly friendly and want to help out. Break A Leg!! |
| Question: TEN POINTS GOES TO BEST ANSWER. AUDITIONS!!!!? Posted: 31 Mar 2015 04:21 PM PDT Still not sure what level of theater this is, High School? College? Community theater? Broadway? Nor do we know which role you're auditioning for.
|
| You are subscribed to email updates from Arts & Humanities: Theater & Acting To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
0 comments:
Post a Comment