Arts & Humanities: Performing Arts: “Question: Double bass sizing?” plus 4 more |
- Question: Double bass sizing?
- Question: Can you play classical guitar pieces on an acoustic guitar?
- Question: I have some questions about buying and learning from guitar books?
- Question: Regulating Music and Performing Arts?
- Question: Have I made a mistake buying an acoustic guitar instead of classical guitar?
| Posted: 12 Sep 2016 05:59 PM PDT Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel |
| Question: Can you play classical guitar pieces on an acoustic guitar? Posted: 12 Sep 2016 08:03 AM PDT I can only repeat what I said last time - I don't really know what you want to hear. If playing any kind of guitar music, you have two options: to play on acoustic guitar or electric guitar. A classical guitar IS an acoustic guitar. A piece specifically written for classical guitar and meant for someone skilled in playing classical guitar could present problems for someone playing on a steel string acoustic and, more importantly, someone who has not learnt the techniques associated with classical guitar. For example, I've played guitar for over forty years but I know I can't "do" tremolo the way classical players do it. I am sure there are lots of classical guitar techniques that I couldn't even attempt. Since you are a beginner it seems unlikely that you will be playing anything at that level though. I think, as you progress, the first problem you will have is not related to the type of guitar you use but to your technique - unless you take classical guitar lessons. Your teacher is by far the best person to advise you . |
| Question: I have some questions about buying and learning from guitar books? Posted: 12 Sep 2016 12:00 AM PDT I am actually learning guitar through a teacher and use the Hal Leonard method book. I have all the 3 volumes in fact. It is without a CD. I am also interested in buying the Alfred's guitar method book and the Carcassi method book. Is the CD really necessary? It is so expensive with the CDs included and I can easily get the without-CD versions (books only) at fraction of the cost. Are CDs really instrumental in learning? Or is the book coupled with a teacher and YouTube/online tutorial videos sufficient for learning? |
| Question: Regulating Music and Performing Arts? Posted: 11 Sep 2016 11:32 PM PDT I don't see anything wrong with the practice of requiring people who want to be Singers, Songwriters, Actors and Screenwriters and so on to take college courses and pass an audition in order to get a license to operate. Yes its art, and therefore yes it is up to the eye of the beholder. But maybe its about time it was put up the eye of the beholder. Let Music and Movie critics decide who has enough talent to deserve to make money passing themselves off as a Singer, a Musician or an Actor, a Songwriter, or a Screenwriter and so on. There should be a such a thing as fraud in art too if you're going to take people's money, and completely s)uck in return. They can't get the National Anthem right, and its f)ucking annoying to even hear the National Anthem from them... They shouldn't be allowed to charge people money for that cr@p. |
| Question: Have I made a mistake buying an acoustic guitar instead of classical guitar? Posted: 11 Sep 2016 11:13 PM PDT A classical guitar IS an acoustic guitar. Steel string acoustics, nylon string acoustics and electric are all types of guitar - the same instrument. However, if you mean you want to learn the TECHNIQUE "classical guitar" (probably Andre Segovia was the most famous "classical guitarist") then yes, you need a classicl guitar and, most importantly, a classical guitar teacher. Lots of people use a classical guitar but just play "normal" guitar (often with a pick). Examples are Willie Nelson, Glen Campbell, Dave Gilmore and Roger Waters (sometimes), Jerry Reed, etc. |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Arts & Humanities: Performing Arts. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
0 comments:
Post a Comment