Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Monday, 12 September 2016

Arts & Humanities: Visual Arts: “Question: Is this drawing of two women standing in profile racist?” plus 5 more

Arts & Humanities: Visual Arts: “Question: Is this drawing of two women standing in profile racist?” plus 5 more


Question: Is this drawing of two women standing in profile racist?

Posted: 12 Sep 2016 12:10 PM PDT

Is this drawing racist? I shared a photoshop sketch of two tall women with different body proportions, and asked for feedback about beauty standards. One of the responses was that the portrayal of the African-American girl was very racist. What do you think? Explain your reasoning.

http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b450/lisa_ohl/proportions-1.0042bcefghijlkllkjlzzzzzzzzz-side555555t-im888b_zpssxjtuhym.jpg

http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b450/lisa_ohl/proportions-1.0042bcefghijlkllkjlzzzzzzzzz-side555555t-im888br_zpsg77zisc0.jpg

Personally, I don't find it racist at all, but am curious as to why it could be labeled as such. Thanks.

Question: How do I pass art class?

Posted: 12 Sep 2016 12:03 PM PDT

Report Abuse

Additional Details