Arts & Humanities: Performing Arts: “Question: Can you find this song called "gender" I saw in my human sexuality class.?” plus 5 more |
- Question: Can you find this song called "gender" I saw in my human sexuality class.?
- Question: Doesn t the G7 chord sound like it s begging or yearning for something?
- Question: Marching Band or Woodwind Ensemble?
- Question: Choir problems?
- Question: Buying tix for the Lion King on Broadway. People say buy center orchestra aisle seats. Left or right (if facing the stage) and why?
- Question: How much should I study guitar to be able to impress people?
| Question: Can you find this song called "gender" I saw in my human sexuality class.? Posted: 15 Sep 2016 05:36 PM PDT Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel |
| Question: Doesn t the G7 chord sound like it s begging or yearning for something? Posted: 15 Sep 2016 03:53 PM PDT That's the general idea behind 7th chords, that they sound as if they are not 'quite' in the same key, and therefore lead the progression toward the resolution. Out of curiosity, does anyone else dislike the sound of 7ths? For some reason I have never liked the sound of them even though some progressions sound wrong without their use. Never met a minor chord I didn't like, though, including Minor 7ths. Yeah, I'm weird. ;) |
| Question: Marching Band or Woodwind Ensemble? Posted: 15 Sep 2016 03:13 PM PDT As much fun as I had in marching bands I have trouble understanding people dreaming of being in one. Maybe that was because, while nearly all the other ensembles I was in could get a little bit too serious, that was never an issue with marching band. First I need to say that some of your decision should be based on how far you want to go with oboe. If you envision playing it in a upper level music school or even orchestras, then you need to spend a lot of time working with a great private instructor, preparing recital pieces and playing in groups like wind ensembles and orchestras. If you don't have those kinds of plans and really want to be in marching band, then go ahead. Depending on the school and how you learn, you probably could learn trumpet. As a woodwind player, however, you'll find saxophone and clarinet to be quite similar to oboe (but they won't make you nearly as light headed). So consider where you want to go. But to sum up, in my experience, woodwind ensemble was for serious musicians while marching band tended to be a way to blow off steam from all the serious music and be a ridiculous, goofy kid. |
| Posted: 15 Sep 2016 02:06 PM PDT Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel |
| Posted: 15 Sep 2016 01:52 PM PDT Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel Report AbuseAdditional DetailsIf you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our Copyright/IP Policy Report Abuse Cancel |
| Question: How much should I study guitar to be able to impress people? Posted: 15 Sep 2016 10:04 AM PDT If you're playing guitar for people who don't play guitar at all, then pretty much anything you do on guitar will impress them. From what I can tell, Hal Leonard's guitar method (volumes 1,2 and 3) and Alfred's guitar method (volumes 1,2 and 3) cover essentially the same material, so if you carefully study all three volumes of the Hal Leonard method, you won't need to study the Alfred method also. If you complete the Hal Leonard material, you will achieve a basic competence on guitar and be ready to continue your learning of more advanced techniques and different musical styles. Your non-guitar playing friends will be impressed, as I said earlier. Other guitarists will note your basic competence but will probably not be "impressed" by your skill. |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Arts & Humanities: Performing Arts. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
0 comments:
Post a Comment